Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014

As I look back at 2014 my mind is filled with things that I'm glad are in the past.
*Seeing friends who have gone through heartache and stress because of death of a loved one or sick family members and then us who has been faced with car problems and medical bills that has cost us $thousands$ of dollars. (yet that seems so small compared to what I knew friends have gone through)
 But as I was talking to family members they helped me realize 2014 actually wasn't as bad as I was remembering it to be.

*One of my good friends (Steve) came to Utah to visit and that got some of us High school friends together.
*Then I went there a couple months later for her wedding in Colorado.
* Plus Hannah chose to be baptized.





*We were able to buy a car that I'd never dreamed of having. I've never owned something so nice. I've always thought it would be out of my league. (A Honda Pilot)

*We went to 2 of our favorite stay-cations, St. George and Bear Lake.


*I was really wanting a friend in my ward and it was an answer to my prayers when I met Ashley Thompson. I am so lucky to be able to call her my friend and to know I have someone I can text or call if I need anything.

* Hemi and I had the opportunity to go to New Zealand for our Niece's (Candice) wedding. It was SO good to be back there.

*Plus I was THRILLED when Candice and her new husband (john) came back to Utah with us for part of their honeymoon. 





And Last but not least I decided to read the Book of Mormon for the first time on my own.
I've read it with my family for 25 years and I hear the stories every week in church but it has meant more to me that I am actually reading it on my own. My testimony of the Book of Mormon is so much more then it was before I took the time to read it on my own.
 You will never understand it fully until you take the time to read it for yourself and you'll find out the truthfulness of it.

 



No comments: