Monday, April 21, 2014

Wht's a sin these days?

In the last 20+ years I have noticed what I have grown up learning in Church/ in the bible to be a sin are being more and more excepting in the world.  We all sin...

" Each sin does vary in degree however; murder being on the most severe and grievous end of the spectrum, vanity (let's say) being on the the less severe end.  Now just because we all sin doesn't mean we should accept sin, but we should still love the sinner.  We all need to try to do better and be better, and we shouldn't have to allow sins to be legalized or pretend they aren't sins in order to justify our own choices or the choices of other's.
     I know a lot of people think that if society changes, so does right and wrong, but I'm going to have to disagree. We don't tell God what we want to be considered a sin or not. We don't get to say, "Excuse me, God, I know this is currently considered a sin, but it no longer suits me to have it be a sin, I like it too much and I won't give it up. This other sin too, it more convenient for you to allow me to do it without recourse, so let's change this one too." Nope, God sets the rules and commandments, for our own good mind you, and we are expected to follow what He says.  We follow God, God doesn't follow us.
     So... yes, sorry if it offends you, but that means we still believe that things like homosexuality and abortion (among other things) are sins and are not to just be an accepted thing.  I know that society says it's okay, but God doesn't and He's the boss.  Now before you light that torch and sharpen the ol' pitchfork, keep this in mind; never has the church and its leaders condoned anything but love for those who sin, even the big sins.  It is not intolerance, it is not hatred, we still love those people, we just don't love the sin. 
    When someone commits a crime, generally their family doesn't loose love for them, but they also can't accept or allow the bad behavior of their loved one"
 - Audrey Spencer
I love how Audrey wrote that ^^
With that being said, we all sin differently but instead of rationalizing our sin, we all need to recognize it and try better. 

1 comment: